my529 is committed to safeguarding your client’s privacy.
my529 maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect private personal information.
See the Program Description for more information.
What we collect
my529 gathers nonpublic, personal information, such as Social Security or Taxpayer Information Number, address, and date of birth from these sources:
- Account Agreements or other forms you or your client submit to my529
- my529’s website collects information, using cookies and similar text files to recognize your client and keep track of his or her preferences
- Transactions with my529 or other institutions, such as banks and credit unions, that affect your client’s my529 account(s)
- Third parties that your client designates to have access to his or her account(s)
What we don’t do with your client’s information
my529 does not sell client or beneficiary information to third parties.
my529 does not disclose private client or beneficiary information to anyone, with these exceptions:
- People your client has authorized my529 to allow access to his or her personal information
- Banks or other organizations who require certain information to complete account changes that you or your client direct
- When compelled by law
- Other limited circumstances, such as to prevent or report fraud or suspicious activity
How my529 protects your client’s privacy online
my529 uses some of the most secure forms of online communication available, including data encryption, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, usernames and passwords, and site-to-user authentication.
- my529 uses extended validation (EV) certificate technology to guard against “phishing” attacks. Many internet browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari, recognize my529’s EV certificate by displaying my529’s web address in green in the browser address bar.
- Your client can change the settings of his or her browser to erase cookies or prevent their automatic acceptance.
my529 reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.